Sunday, January 14, 2007

Resolutions

It's that time. I could do the standard peace on earth, good will toward all, cure all disease, yada yada, blah, blah, blah, but hey, this is a magic blog. Check out my liberal wimp blog for that other stuff.

So what to resolve? The items below are just suggestions.
If you want, print it, cut on dotted line, fill in the appropriate blank and stick it (on your refrigerator, that is).

-------------------------------------------------------

I, _____________________ hereby resolve to


  • practice my Tenyo tricks at least once before showing them in public
  • read at least one of the books in my library
  • wait at least a week before buying the trick I just saw Blaine do on tv
  • change at least a couple of the words of patter of the trick I just saw Blaine do on tv
  • work on sounding sincere when I say, "Interesting use of that principle," when a fellow magi just fried my brain
  • try to keep name-dropping to a minimum (for example, I would have to have seen Max Maven from a distance at a minimum of two conventions before saying I know him)
  • know at least a sloppy French drop before calling myself a coin worker
  • have at least a letter to the editor published in a minor magic magazine before calling myself a published author
  • cut my spending on magic props from half my income to a third
  • redo my business cards to add mentalism and bizarre magic to my list of specialties which already includes stage shows, parlor shows, close-up, kids shows, adult shows, trade shows, hospitality suites, grand openings, birthday parties, bar mitzvahs, bat mitzvahs, weddings and funerals
  • get bigger business cards
  • upgrade my publicity photo (note to self: make appointment with Glamour Shots; bring bunny and card fans)
  • get rid of cheesy purple velour tux - find classy blue velour
  • find yet another prop like that sponge ding-dong (that thing kills!)
  • write Jim (zazenmagic-blog@yahoo.com) and tell him what a cool blog he has


That's all I can think of at 7:22 a.m. after a Diet Coke hangover. Feel free to add to the list.

Oh, and have a safe, happy and magical 2007.

No comments: